Skin conditions are inevitable. Even if you take all appropriate precautions, shower and care for your body regularly, and use the best line of skin care products, men are prone to certain skin conditions.
One such condition which affects men is that known as butt pimples. But, what exactly are they? What causes them? Is it possible to prevent them, and if so, what are the best methods of doing so? This is a simple guide for men who suffer from butt pimples and are looking for answers to these and other commonly asked questions.
What are butt pimples for men?
So, what exactly are butt pimples? Although acne problems are typically noticeable on the face, arms, back, chest, and other visible body parts, it is possible to get acne in the buttocks area as well. Butt pimples are basically categorized by two common issues which are: (1) folliculitis or (2) oil (general acne).
The first of the two common reasons men suffer from butt pimples is known as folliculitis. Basically, this is when the hair follicles become inflamed. This is typically characterized by small red bumps which become clustered around the follicle. Dead skin cells and bacteria get trapped in the follicle which in turn causes those bumps to form. Some of the common causes of this include shaving, clogged pores, heavy use of lotion or creams, or poor hygiene.
The second common reason men suffer from butt pimples is general acne. Oil secretion or skin sebum clogs the pores causing the red bumps to appear. Typically this is a hormonal imbalance and genetics also plays a large part in this form of acne.
What are the most common causes of butt pimples?
Now that you have a little background about what butt pimples are, let’s take a deeper look into the common causes. Of course, poor hygiene is a cause; in addition to this, some of the most common factors contributing to these pimples include dry skin conditions, tight clothing, and sweat, among other issues.
- Dry Skin – If this is the common culprit, most acne treating product lines won’t resolve the issue. Lack of moisturizing causes the skin on the buttock area to become very dry causing it to clog easily. Constant contact with clothing also makes it prone to irritation and inflammation. If this is the cause of the pimples, topical ointments or prescriptions can be used.
- Clothing – Synthetic underwear, tight compression clothing, or clothing which traps or clings to the body is another common cause of these pimples. A simple solution: try loose or less form fitting apparel.
- Sweat – Bacterial growth is more likely to occur when you sweat. So, after a tough workout or hard day at work, make sure to remove those sweat articles of clothing as quickly as possible to avoid that growth. Further, with skin tight clothing, this is even more of an issue.
- Other – The catch-all category. Some other causes of butt pimples include: hormone imbalance, genes, a sedentary lifestyle, are a few of the common attributes to this issue.
Treating the pimples
It’s not as simple as popping a pimple on your face; in fact, whatever you do, DO NOT simply pop these pimples. These are some simple ways to treat them.
- Iodine – Yes, a cotton swab and iodine is one method of treatment. Don’t overuse as it can cause burning or irritation, simply apply it to the dry area a couple times a day. This works to disinfect the area, and it is best to apply directly to a pimple when possible, rather than the skin around it.
- Body wash – Acne fighting body wash and treatments to be exact. Benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy, and salicylic acid are a few common ingredients to search for. This help fight the bacteria; but, as is the case with iodine, don’t overdo it. Apply only a couple times daily (at most) and treat the direct area.
- Ointment – A prescription ointment is another solution. These should be applied directly to the area right after showering for the best results.
- Lotion – A lotion with lactic acid is another option. It can moisturize and treat the folliculitis directly, but may take a couple weeks to see results.
Although this isn’t an all-inclusive list, these are a few simple treatment methods for getting rid of butt pimples.
What can you do to prevent butt pimples going forward?
So, you know a few reasons they appear and what the most common reasons are why men suffer from butt pimples; but, is there any preventive measures which can be taken? Sure, it’s not too hard to get rid of them or treat them, but a cheaper (and far less painful option) is prevention. There are a few simple solutions which can be taken to prevent these pimples.
- Shower (Make sure to focus on proper hygiene and cleaning) – Seems to be pretty obvious, right? Yes, it is quite obvious and in fact, it is that simple. Proper hygiene and taking care of your body will naturally prevent this condition. Wash well daily, use a washcloth, and really make sure you focus on cleaning rather than simply applying warm water to the area. If you’re working out or doing physical activity where you get sweaty, you should immediately shower afterwards.
- Moisturize – Sure, we focus on the face, neck, and other body parts, but typically not the buttock area. Irritations and pimples will occur so moisturizers are a great solution to preventing this condition. They help maintain moisture, balance and help with irritation or pain to eliminate the problem before it occurs.
- Breathable – Try loose clothing, rather than form fitting clothing. Especially when working out, or doing activities where you sweat, you can prevent this common condition which men suffer from.
Some other simple ways to prevent these pimples include proper hydration, gentle exfoliation, and basically developing good skin and body care habits in general.
Use Products That Help Prevent
Artius Man body scrub is an excellent treatment option for dealing with and getting rid of those unsightly, itchy, and sometimes painful butt pimples.
So, why exactly try it, rather than any other topical solution or acne body wash or scrub? First off, it is specifically intended to exfoliate, cleanse, and treat this condition which men suffer from.
The body scrub is a deep, enhanced deep cleaning solution, which directly attacks the area being treated, to rid the skin of the pimples in less time than other product lines. It works to alleviate rough areas and skin patches, and moisturizes and softens the skin. Basically, it is all the treatment methods mentioned above, in one product, which is specifically designed for men.
After using the body scrub on the area you may also want to use a body wash designed for men as well.
Understanding The Problem Going Forward
Men typically aren’t as careful as women are when it comes to cleansing and body care. With this being said, men are more prone to seeing butt pimples pop up. Artius Man exfoliating scrub is not only a great preventive resource (as a moisturizer and natural exfoliator), it is also a simple treatment method when necessary.
Regardless of why you suffer from the condition, you can minimize, and eventually eliminate this painful, embarrassing condition which many men suffer from. Proper hygiene, hydration, and a few simple solutions above are not only going to ensure healthier skin care but will also work to help improve the overall levels of hygiene and appearance of your skin over time as well.